The Students' Union is the hub of student social life on campus. You can get involved with a wide range of activities including:
You can get tickets for events at a range of city centre venues through the SU, and they even run their own award-winning cinema and theatre group The Nottingham New Theatre.
Social spaces on campus
Whichever campus you're based on and whatever your interests, you're sure to find somewhere to entertain yourself and meet up with friends.
University Park Campus
- Mooch is the Students' Union bar on University Park Campus. It has bags of style, delicious food and heaps of special offers to make student life more palatable
- The Portland Building has been recently renovated to provide extra social spaces for students ─ including an outdoor cinema screen, a spacious welcome hall and fantastic new coffee shop
- You can visit Nottingham Lakeside Arts to enjoy theatre, comedy, dance, exhibitions, music and workshops for children and families. Lakeside is also home to two great cafes
More about University Park Campus
- The large dining hall in the Exchange Building, the Aspire Cafe and the on-campus Starbuck's are all great places to relax outside of lectures
- Jubilee Campus is only a 15-minute walk from University Park Campus, so students based here can easily join in with social activities on both campuses
More about Jubilee Campus
Sutton Bonington Campus
- Sutton Bonington is affectionately known as ‘SB’ to those that study, work and live here, which defines the culture and atmosphere. It is a relaxed and friendly place where you’ll feel at home, with access to help and support when you need it.
- The Guild is the dedicated campus Students' Union, run by students for students. They provide a varied calendar of events and student-led activities throughout the year.
- There are over 40 societies based at Sutton Bonington Campus to get involved in, from music soc, dance and SB players to climbing, lacrosse and biking. You can join existing sports clubs and societies or start your own.
More about Sutton Bonington Campus
Halls of residence
Our halls of residence are hives of social activity on all our campuses. Each University owned hall has its own bar for students to relax and enjoy, four of which also serve a range of freshly cooked food.
Third party student halls also all have bars, except St Peter's Court which has an on-site gym where you can meet people and keep fit.
All halls have common rooms or shared spaces where students meet and socialise. There are also other social facilities in some of the halls such as games rooms, pool tables, table tennis and tennis courts.
Many of our halls also have Junior Common Room Committees which organise regular social events for their residents.
Mature students and international students
Mature students and international students can also enjoy dedicated activities and events.